sunnuntai 16. helmikuuta 2014

Diving in to the improvisation - 12/1/2014


I enjoyed very much of first class of ODII. We did a long improvisation exercise, which really challenge us to create movements from the first thought. We didn’t have time to think and plan what we are going to do, so it was great introduction for the improvisation. The exercise’s main idea was to follow the person´s movements, when she entered in the dancehall. I entered first, so I was able to see the hole process of the exercise.

There is no limits
(http://www.playenable.com/blog/street-dance-london-classes)
For the first, the beginning of the exercise was hard to me. I didn't understand first, what was going on, but very soon I realized that the teacher would imitate my movements. The music was very inspiring and I took lots f the elements from the music. I immediately started to dance and I tried to use lots of different levels (up, middle and low). The time of the improvising was long, so I was many times trying to leave from the door to invite others to come in. It felt at some point, during the exercise, that I just repeated same movements after another and it was very hard to break this circle. Even though it was hard, at the same time I liked to challenge myself and cross the line of the comfort zone.

As interesting it was to improvise by myself, as interesting it was to see, how the others reacted in the same exercise. All of us had very different ways to move in the same exercise: others took it more easily and moved more peacuful than others. Others stretched more than others and others repeated same movement more longer than others. It was also intriguing to see, how you could deduce, which kinds of dance backgrounds was the person from and what kinds of dance styles she has danced before. 

All in all, first class of the ODII was very gripping and I can’t wait what kinds of classes we will have in the future.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti